The main reason why people buy a hearing aid online is because they believe it costs less than a hearing aid bought from a hearing center.
Yes, hearing aids bought online are cheaper, but the long-term cost could be much higher because the costs of ongoing hearing care and hearing aid maintenance are not included.
Online hearing aids provide an amplifying device without the much-needed assistance of your audiologist.
People are not cookie-cutter and understandably have different expectations and preferences.
Using an online service reduces the chance of the patient getting the optimal fit and sound quality because it doesn’t consider the patient’s needs.
Physicians Hearing Care is East Tennessee’s top hearing provider because our hearing aid fittings are NOT about the hearing aids or technology.
Our hearing aid fittings are about the patient.
The major difference is PHC is a resource. We can use our combined experience to find the best solution for the patient – whether that means fitting the patient in the office or doing a remote adjustment.
We are there to guide our patients through this journey.
What’s Our ‘Physicians Hearing Care Difference?’
|Online Hearing Aids||Physicians Hearing Care|
|1. Model options||2 – 5
Might work for mild to moderate hearing loss
|Too many to count, often with newer technology
Customized for every degree of hearing loss and its cause
|2. In-person care||Never||Always available|
|3. Hearing evaluation||Online and not comprehensive||In person and covers every aspect of your hearing health|
|4. Fitting||None||Four-stage fitting process to exact ear shape|
|5. Maintenance||No scheduled maintenance||Scheduled maintenance every 6 months|
|6. Repairs||Not included and must be mailed in||3 – 4 years of in-office repairs included
Loaned hearing devices if we have to send yours out for repair
|7. Loss and damage warranty||3 – 4 years||3 – 4 years|
|8. Education||Through videos and video chats||In person|
|9. Insurance||You deal with your insurance company||We partner with most insurance companies|
|10. Business goals||To sell you hearing aids||To optimize your hearing health for life|
- We offer a wide choice of hearing aids from multiple manufacturers of the world’s leading hearing aids such as ReSound, Phonak, Oticon, Widex, Siemens, Unitron, and Signia. We include their newest models with the most up-to-date technology available.
- We have 24-7 hearing care. Weekend or late at night, you have access to either our walk-in clinic, a home visit, virtual appointments, or our drop-off service for continuous express care.
- We do a comprehensive hearing evaluation led by an audiologist. No online hearing test will evaluate your hearing health and diagnose the cause of your hearing loss, which might be as simple as a buildup of earwax. If it’s caused by a medical issue, we can refer you immediately to the right specialist.
- Four-stage fitting process to make sure your new hearing aids perform in every environment you’ll be in at their optimal capacity. There is no fitting process with an online company, so your hearing aids might be uncomfortable forever.
- We include a multi-point inspection of your hearing aids every six months and replace everything required, including domes, batteries, filters, and retention lines. We’ll adjust your device any time you find it’s not performing as well as you’d like it to.
Our all-inclusive package includes unlimited remote assist too.
- Fast and affordable repairs, cleanings, and checks onsite, which we really enjoy doing. Last year, we repaired over 1,400 devices, mostly in-house. Simply drop them off and we’ll return them to you within 24 hours.
If we need to send your hearing aids away for repair, we’ll lend you a temporary replacement device until they come back.
Repairs by the online company you bought from can take weeks of your life away from you because you have no backup pair and no loaned pair from them.
- A minimum 3-year loss, damage, and repair warranty, with a 4-year warranty on our all-inclusive hearing package. Every package includes a scheduled service plan plus a care kit with a battery tester.
- We sit with you and teach you everything there is to know about how your hearing aid works and how to clean it. We also program it to match your hearing test results and check back with you regularly to make sure it’s optimized.
- We work with most insurance plans.
- We’re not here to sell you hearing aids; we’re here as your local, full-service hearing care partners for life with the goal of maximizing your hearing health. Thanks to our 45 years of serving East Tennessee and our ongoing awareness of the latest advances in audiology, we can provide you with the best hearing solution for you and make it as cost-effective as possible.
We always look forward to helping with your hearing aid repairs, cleanings, maintenance checks, or programing adjustments, mostly because we get to see you again.
You’re like family to us.
Contact us with any questions about our current hearing aids or about helping a loved one with a hearing loss. We’re here to help you.