The creators of ReSound hearing aids understand that everyone’s sound perception is unique.
So, they designed innovative devices to give users more sound control and provide a more natural hearing experience. Since the hearing aids come in several models with multiple connectivity features, it might take some tweaking for ReSound’s “natural” hearing experience to feel natural to you.
The team at Physicians Hearing Care is well-trained in the useful functions of these devices and how to repair and adjust them.
Here are some common ReSound hearing aid problems our patients ask about and tips for ReSound hearing aid troubleshooting.
Why Aren’t My ReSound Hearing Aids Pairing With My Apple Device?
- Turn your hearing aid off.
- Remove and replace your battery or insert a new battery.
- Leave the battery door open, so the hearing aid doesn’t turn on.
- Place rechargeable aids in their charging case and make sure they’re at least 20% charged before pairing.
- Turn Bluetooth on in the Control Center of your Apple device.
- Click on “Settings,” and then “General,” and then “Accessibility” on your device.
- Tap “MFi Hearing Devices.”
- Close the battery door or remove rechargeable aids from their case, so your Apple device finds them.
- Please tap on the name of your hearing aid when it appears on the device screen.
- Tap “Pair.” If you have two hearing aids, you’ll be asked to pair twice.
- Next, either put your hearing aids in and wait to hear 6 beeps and a ripple tone or wait at least 120 seconds for pairing to authenticate.
- Once pairing is complete, the word “Completed” will appear next to your hearing aid’s name on the device, and the name will turn blue.
- Open your ReSound app to confirm the pairing.
- Then reboot your hearing aids by opening and closing the battery door or putting them in the charger and then removing them.
- Tap “Continue.” You are now paired to your device and the ReSound app.
How Do I Know If My ReSound Hearing Aid Battery Is Low?
- Open the ReSound app.
- Tap “Connectivity.”
- Look for a red battery image next to the image of your hearing aid.
- Listen for a low battery warning in your hearing aid.
- Tap the red battery for more info.
How Do I Restore My ReSound Wireless Connection?
- Open your ReSound App.
- Tap “Status.“
- Green dots mean you are connected.
- A red line with an exclamation mark means you have lost your connection.
- Tap the exclamation mark for guidance on reconnecting.
How Do I Keep My ReSound Hearing Aids Clean?
- Remove hearing aids before applying cosmetics, shaving products, hair spray, fragrances, or sunscreen.
- Keep hearing aids away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Store hearing aids in a cool, dry place with the battery door open.
- Don’t immerse hearing aids in liquid or wear while swimming, showering, bathing, or in saunas or heavy rain.
- If your hearing aids get wet, remove the battery and leave the door open to dry.
- Place wet hearing aids in a sealed container with a desiccator overnight, and don’t wear them until totally dry.
- Clean your hearing aids daily with a soft dry cloth, tissue, or appropriate tools to remove dirt, wax, moisture, and grease.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the receiver tube and dome periodically, but don’t run water over or through them.
- Contact us if any parts become discolored, brittle, or stiff.
As a provider of both renowned audiology services and ReSound hearing aids, Physicians Hearing Care is uniquely equipped to optimize your hearing aids.
We have the expertise to conduct ReSound hearing aid troubleshooting through an express appointment, virtual appointment, or the Remote Assist feature of ReSound.
If we encounter a problem we can’t fix, we’ll send your hearing aids to the manufacturer on your behalf and return them to you directly as soon as they’re ready.
If you are still experiencing issues with your ReSound devices after following these troubleshooting steps, please contact our team today.